Oracle and Proteus Integrate Proteus Digital Health Feedback System with Oracle Health Sciences InForm to Help Increase Clinical Trial Accuracy
Oracle Health Sciences InForm electronic data capture platform utilizes Proteus solution, enabling greater accuracy in measuring medication adherence during clinical trials
Highly engaged patients that consistently take their prescribed medications as directed are the cornerstone of a successful clinical trial. Researchers have long struggled to effectively and efficiently validate adherence—relying on an arduous and often inaccurate combination of self-reporting and lab tests. To help health sciences organizations more effectively track and manage the use of medication during clinical trials, Oracle has introduced Oracle Health Sciences InForm Medication Adherence Insights Cloud Service.
This solution not only enables clinical trial sponsors to automatically capture precise and timely data about medication adherence, it can also help accelerate insight about drug efficacy and safety and speed clinical trials, which can, in turn, increase trial success rates.
- Oracle Health Sciences InForm Medication Adherence Insights Cloud Service is the first clinical trial data capture and management solution to automatically integrate adherence data from the Proteus Digital Health feedback system directly into an electronic data capture system.
- The platform helps researchers more accurately and efficiently track and manage the use of medication during clinical trials—a historically laborious and error-ridden process.
- The new solution automates data collection and captures accurate medication ingestion information.
- By providing direct and rapid validation of the quantity of medication a patient ingests and the time of ingestion, Oracle Health Sciences InForm Medication Adherence Insights Cloud Service can help health sciences organizations lower the risk of clinical trial failures by identifying medication adherence issues early, improving dosage decisions, and enhancing drug safety.
- The solution also helps accelerate trials and reduce costs by eliminating imprecise, time-consuming, and expensive manual processes for collecting adherence data, such as pill counts and patient questionnaires.
- This revolutionary solution resulted from Oracle’s strategic relationship with Proteus Digital Health. It combines the power of Oracle’s industry-leading clinical data capture and management system,Oracle Health Sciences InForm, with the Proteus Digital Health feedback system to create an innovative product that helps pharmaceutical developers accelerate time to market while reducing costs and improving safety.
- “Oracle Health Sciences InForm Medication Adherence Insights Cloud Service helps health sciences organizations effectively address two long-standing and complex challenges: measuring participant adherence to drug protocols and identifying the optimum dosing regimen for recommended use,” said Steve Rosenberg, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences. “This groundbreaking solution—the direct result of a collaboration between Oracle and Proteus Digital Health—is a powerful example of how we can rapidly combine our industry-leading clinical trial data capture and management solutions with emerging technologies, such as digital pills, to help health sciences organizations transform the drug development and approval process.”
- “The medication adherence option uniquely addresses the most critical information in a clinical trial: ‘Did the patients use their medicine properly?’ Combining this powerful new data with the technology, analysis, and capabilities of Oracle Health Sciences creates a game-changing opportunity for drug development,” said Markus Christen, head of global development, Proteus Digital Health.
- Oracle Health Sciences
- Oracle Health Sciences InForm Medication Adherence Insights Cloud Service
- Oracle Health Sciences InForm
- Oracle Invests in Proteus Digital Health and Its FDA-Approved Ingestible Sensor Platform
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Proteus Digital Health, Inc.
- Follow Proteus Digital Health on Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit oracle.com.
About Proteus Digital Health
Proteus Digital Health is pioneering a new category of products, services, and data systems based on integrating the intake of medicine with ingestible sensors, wearable devices, and mobile and cloud computing. Its core technology—the digital health feedback system—provides an unprecedented view into an individual’s personal health choices and physiologic response, allowing patients to better manage their health and more effectively collaborate with caregivers and clinicians, while enabling new information-based business models. Proteus received a CE mark in Europe and FDA market clearance in the United States for its wearable and Ingestible Sensor devices. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Proteus is privately held and funded by Carlyle, Essex Woodlands, Kaiser Permanente, Medtronic, Novartis, Otsuka, Oracle, ON Semiconductor, and other investors. For more information, visit www.proteus.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
email@example.comProteus Digital HealthRobin Suchan
|Mary TobinO’Keeffe & Company